2012 Wellness Resolutions
The End of the Unhealthy World By Scott Cole
Many people are predicting the “End of the World” in 2012. My initial thought is: “Why are we all of a sudden listening to the ancient Mayans, following what is loosely translated as the end of their calendar, when we have never followed any other aspect of their culture?”
Like the Y2K fears, and centuries of religious-based predictions, the continued interest in the End of the World leads me to believe that humans are indeed collectively dissatisfied with how we live our lives.
Perhaps deep down we all know we are in need of an Extreme Organic, Life Enhancing ‘Make-Over,’ one that is actually good for the Earth, and all of its inhabitants, culminating not in the ‘End of the World,’ but in a much desired ‘The End of the World As We Know It (TEOTWAWKI).’
I teach that each inhale is an invitation; each exhale, an expression. We have the power with each and every breath to ex- press ourselves in different ways; to re-invent, to entertain, envision and enact higher levels of choices. We do have the Power of Choice, and can choose to take the Bright High Road—deeming 2012, ‘The End Of The Unhealthy World.’
So, let’s skip the doom and gloom and simply commit to ‘Making the World a Better Place’—More Conscious, More Loving, More Healthy, and a Lot More Fun!
On the following page are my Top 12 Wellness Resolutions for 2012. Enjoy!
Going Organic Creative Editor Scott Cole is admittedly teaching what he needs to learn. Join Scott at one of his Wellness Weekends nationwide, or in local classes at the Spa Resort in Palm Springs. You can also catch Scott LIVE every Monday morning on KPSP Local 2 in his Wake Up To Wellness segments, or view his programs on one of
his many top-selling, DVDs. Scott has been featured on LIVE with Regis and Kelly, The View, The Doctors, The Early Show, CNN Headline News, and more. Visit him at www.scottcole.com.
- Be Grateful: This is huge, because there is always, always, ALWAYS someone who has it worse; and if we wake up every
day, open our arms and just say “Thank you,” we will be starting the day off with a lot of grace.
- Breathe through the stress: Negative energy gets ‘stuck’ in our bodies when we don’t breathe; so have a little internal mantra, “I will breathe my way through anything.” The situation may not resolve right away, but you can move that stress right out of your body.
- Play!: Do a sport. Revive or start a new hobby—tennis, bowling, walking, Mahjong, Yahtzee!, Tai Chi or Yoga activate your life with activities!
- Eat organic, healthy, real food: Source out good, REAL food, avoid packaged goop, and avoid ALL FORMS of corn syrup, fake sweeteners, strange dyes, sodas—and if you want to lose weight, eat regular balanced meals.
- Ditch the microwave: People won’t like this one, but food ‘nuked’ in the microwave is not proven to be able to hold its nutritional qualities; so you might as well eat a bunch of slop. Heat it in the oven; or eat more raw food instead—which brings more consciousness into your meals.
- Hydrate: Drink clean, pure water, NOT FROM PLASTIC BOTTLES, and send good thoughts into your water as you drink. (Read Dr. Masaru Emoto’s book Messages from Water and the Universe!)
- Keep healthy snacks handy: Nuts, carrots, celery, fresh fruit, avocados (yes, great healthy source of fat—which your body needs!) and organic chocolate.
- Exercise at least three times a week: CARDIO, STRENGTH and STRETCH. Equal time on these three, and your body will maintain a great balance—walking or running, weightlifting, yoga, martial arts, sports or any combination of exercise that works for you.
- Communicate your feelings: Bringing honesty back into the mix is HUGELY healthy and emotionally, will make you feel so much better!
- Check your internal dialogue: How do you speak to yourself, inside your own head? Be nice, understand that how you talk to yourself, will most often tell you what is truly going on. Speaking kindly to yourself, will also help you become more diplomatic with others.
- Relax, meditate and sleep: Listen to your body when it says, “I need quiet time,” “I need to walk amongst the trees,” or “I’m tired.” LISTEN, answers often come through loud and clear in dreams, in a state of quiet, or in silence.
- Laugh, a lot!: For 2012, let’s all just have more fun. Humor goes a long way, and can lighten up almost any situation-laughing is truly good for your health!