These smoothie recipes are generously provided by Melinda Vida, a smoothie expert, and much more (please see below). She shares that these are two of her favorite treats for her on-the-go mornings:
Carrot Cake Smoothie
• 2 small carrots and their greens, or one large carrot
and its greens, or spinach to substitute for carrot greens
• 1 ripe banana
• 1 cup of flax milk (hemp, oat, coconut, etc.
• 1/8 cup rolled oats
• 2 tbsp golden flaxseeds
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 4-5 ice cubes
Blend together & enjoy “cake” for breakfast!
Key Lime Pie Green Smoothie
• 2 tbsp key lime juice (about 4 limes)
• 1 tsp key lime zest (about 2 limes)
• 1 cup flax milk (coconut, hemp, oat, rice, etc..)
• 1 ripe frozen banana
• 1⁄4 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
• 2 drops liquid stevia or 1 pitted medjool date
• 1 tbsp of almond butter
• 2 cups organic baby spinach
• 4 ice cubes
• Gluten-free graham cracker pieces (optional)
Blend together & enjoy!
Melinda Vida is a healthy smoothie chef, Certified Holistic Health Coach and founder/director of Garden Life Wellness—a holistic nutritional consulting company. She leads healthy Garden Smoothie demonstrations, workshops on holistic health and offers nutrition counseling. She strives to show busy professionals how to reduce food cravings and stress while losing weight naturally so that they may energetically pursue their dreams without dieting and deprivation. Find out more on her healthy living blog: